Monday, February 17, 2014

Food Storage Orders, March 2014

We are happy to announce that the Stake will be coordinating four food storage orders from the Fountain Valley Home Storage Center in 2014.

For the first quarter of the year, members of the Stake, friends and neighbors may order the following products:

Granulated Sugar:  $4.35/#10 can;  $12.25/25 lb bag
Wheat, Hard Red:  $3.05/#10 can (not available in bulk bag)
Wheat, Hard White:  $3.05/#10 can;  $5.75/25 lb bag
White Rice:  $4.15/#10 can;  $10.25/25 lb bag

Prices are listed above for the products which can be ordered in #10 cans or in 25 lb bulk bags.  Orders must be completed and submitted to your ward Emergency Preparedness representative or a member of the bishopric no later than Sunday, March 9.  You will find order forms from your ward Emergency Preparedness representative.  Checks should be made payable to: Mission Viejo Stake.

We hope these orders will allow us to slowly build a reasonable food storage!

1 comment:

  1. I happened upon your site while browsing online. I'm also LDS, living outside of Houston, TX.

    I wanted to let you know that I author a preparedness cooking blog where I teach all kinds of things related to cooking with food storage. Currently I'm running a contest to encourage people to get cooking with their food storage and thought you might be interested in learning more about it. Just so you know, I don't sell anything and have never been paid directly for anything I've done ever on the blog. When the idea for this contest was shared with a number of vendors it was something they were excited to join in for but I'm not receiving any kind of compensation from them. I'd LOVE for you to spread the word to your members if you think it sounds like something they'd like to participate in.

    Here's a link with all the information. If you look at the past three most recent posts, you'll see some of what participants are doing to earn points and win prizes in the contest. Even though it's been going on now three weeks, the chances of joining now and still winning finalist prizes is still very good. Check it out when you have a minute and see what you think!

    http://myfoodstoragecookbook.com/2014/01/29/contest-announcement/

    I wish you luck and hope there might be something I've shared on my site that may be helpful in your efforts to prepare!

    Megan Smith
    www.myfoodstoragecookbook.com

    ReplyDelete